Instagram Widget

Tuesday 27 January 2015

EVENT | Yum Cha TO (dim sum festival)

Hopefully you've all been introduced to the wonderful world of Cantonese cuisine. Yum Cha (which means to 'drink tea') is a weekly Sunday ritual for many. Essentially, it's a mid-morning meal that consists of shareable dishes.

Traditionally, these dishes are pushed around the restaurant in steam-heated carts where you simply point at the dishes you want. Seldom will you find cart-style service in Toronto anymore and instead you're given a menu sheet which you order from.

Spotlight City Events is hosting a "Yum Cha Dim Sum Fest" on Saturday, February 21st, 2015! Traditional dim sum dishes will be given a modern Toronto twist and this event will be a great way to explore the offerings of this city.

YumCha 2015 Vendors: Momofuku Noodle Bar, County Cocktail, East Thirty Six, 416 Snack Bar, Loka Snacks, Rolling Pin TO, Thoroughbred, Babi & Co., FeasTO, Buster Rhino's BBQ Toronto, Big E's Grinds, Come and Get It


More info for Yum Cha Dim Sum Fest:
https://www.uniiverse.com/events/yum-cha-2015-tickets-toronto-MV0CK

Last year I had the chance to 'feed my phone'. Hearing about a dim sum festival in Toronto, I knew I had to buy tickets right away to attend. The past two dim sum fests sold-out...this is a warning to you! Overall it was an enjoyable time as I indulged on a variety of delectable eats.

Check out the featured vendors from 2014:


Globe Bistro: @GlobeHo
1. Ontario elk and ginger gyoza
2. Duck confit green onion pancake 
3. Northern Woods Mushroom siu mai.
Linda Modern Thai: @LindaModernThai
Chicken lemon grass siu mai, prawn and stick rice roll, and pandan custard with dulce de leche.

Babi & Co: @babiandco
Babi on a Bun | Braised pork belly on a fried Chinese bun w/ pickled cucumbers and sambal mayo.
Babi & Co: @babiandco
Murtabak Telor | Green onion, chives and egg pancake w/ Indo style salsa

FeasTO: @FeasTOronto
Pho Dumplings | beef, pho spices, noodles and bean sprouts

Momofuku Daishō@momofuku
Pork Ribs | fish sauce, caramel, Thai basil and crispy shallots
Hot Bunzz Street Cuisine: @hotbunzzTO
The Emperor's Breakfast | BBQ & roasted pork fried bun topped w/ sunnyside up quail egg, green onion and sweet soy

16 comments:

  1. Hi Patrick! If I only have two days to spend in Toronto and have a massive dim sum craving, which places would you recommended that I definitely check out?? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your Posts.Thanks Keep Posting.
    toronto magician corporate event

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job. Please keep up the great work.
    houston wedding photographers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy reading your blog as the postings are so simple to read and follow. Outstanding. Please keep it up. Thanks. canberra film

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was another joy to see your post. It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Great stuff as usual...
    northern virginia boudoir

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spot on with this article, I really think this website needs more attention. I'll probably be back to read more, thanks for the info.
    bruiloft fotografie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work and all information about the wedding and wedding flowers that's are very amazing well done.
    Difficult-to-Find electronic parts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Information you have written here. Really Great Stuff. I keep it bookmark for our future purpose. Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative.
    magnet photographer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Post is very useful, I am truly happy to post my note on this blog . It helped me with ocean of awareness i really appreciate it.
    Quadcopter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder.
    Best professional wedding photography studio London

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Post is very useful, I am truly happy to post my note on this blog . It helped me with ocean of awareness i really appreciate it.
    Portrait Gruppen oder Schwangerschaftsfotos

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, it's look so delicious.It's different from our country's food. In our country, people want to buy a pot with a good configuration of electronic components. The quality of the pot is better, and the fried dish will be more fragrant.To be honest,I really love cooking,I hope that one day I can go abroad and eat some foreign food.

    ReplyDelete